MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used for research papers in liberal arts and humanities.
There are two main sources you should consult before writing this assignment: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th ed.) and the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (3rd ed.) However, if you are not willing to deal with these chunks of text, we can help you be providing a synopsis of the most important requirements set in this style. Thus, you will be able to write a paper without spending hours on style research.
So, how to write an MLA research paper?
- Your paper should be printed on a standard 8.5 x 11-inch paper, 12 pt. font (legible but optional), double-spaced, with single spaces after punctuation marks, 1-inch margins, 5-inch indentations of the first paragraph lines.
- Insert a page number in the upper right corner, 0.5 inch from the top, align with the right margin.
- Do not make any title page unless asked to, the first page should identify your and your instructor’s names, the course and the date in the upper left Continued with a centered and capitalized headline.
- In the upper right corner, create a header with your last name and page number, align with the right margin.
- Use italics throughout your paper for the names of other works or for emphasis (only when clearly needed).
- Your endnotes should be placed on a separate sheet before the Works Cited page.
Since the way of citing sources will depend greatly on individual conditions (multiple or individual authors, entire websites or parts of them, etc.), it is strongly recommended to consult the abovementioned style at http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/writing/general/essay/index.xml guides for more information.
Note that your instructor might set different requirements that will contradict the style guides. ALWAYS comply with what is required by your instructor, since his or her requirements have priority in your individual case.
Now, we realize that you might still consider it quite difficult to bear all of these requirements in mind. After all – they are numerous and not complying with any of them will lead to a lower grade. That’s why we offer you to get an MLA term paper format example here http://essaygobuy.com/term-paper/ from us, which you will then be able to use for reference.